Zambia: Get Involved in Upcoming EDE
Upcoming Ecovillage Design Education Course: April 2017
Kosha Joubert, executive director of GEN International, presents to interested stakeholders at the Kasisi Agricultural Training Centre.
Where: Kasisi Agricultural Training Centre, Lusaka, Zambia
- First ever Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) course held in Zambia
- Course will be jointly facilitated by the Regional Schools and Colleges Permaculture (ReSCOPE) Programme and the Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
- Kosha Anja Joubert
- Jane Rasbah
- Mugove Walter Nyika
- Linda Kabaira
Target Participants and Expenses:
- A core group of 12 sponsored participants from four school communities in Zambia
- A team of four partially sponsored participants to represent the neighbouring countries such as Malawi, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe. These participants will meet their own travel expenses and will be provided with food and accommodation
- More participants from these countries are welcome if they can sponsor themselves for full board at 900 Euros
- We have at least ten places for self-sponsoring international participants at 1,000 Euros per person. This will cover the training, full board accommodation, and airport transfers
E-mail: [email protected]
Websites: http://seedingschools.org; http://gen.ecovillage.org
About the Author
Mugove Walter Nyika works with the Regional Schools and Colleges Permaculture (ReSCOPE) Programme in eastern and southern Africa (see http://seedingschools.org) as the regional facilitator. The ReSCOPE Programme is active in Zimbabwe, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda and Zambia and is seeking to establish new chapters in Tanzania and Rwanda.
He is also a member of the Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) Africa Council (http://gen-africa.org). Mugove has been working with school communities using this approach since 1996, having been a high school geography teacher for 14 years before then.