Ecovillages are communities in which people feel supported by and responsible to those around them. They provide a deep sense of belonging to a group. They are small enough that everyone feels safe, empowered, seen and heard. People are then able to participate in making decisions that effect their own lives and that of the community on a transparent basis.
See all content related to the social dimension.
- Recognizing and relating to others
- Sharing common resources and providing mutual aid
- Emphasizing holistic and preventive health practices
- Providing meaningful work and sustenance to all members
- Integrating marginal groups
- Promoting unending education
- Encouraging unity through respect for differences
- Fostering cultural expression